IMPORTANT UK POSTCODE EXCEPTIONS
- Customers in the following DPD derived locations cannot be shipped to Next Day, and instead go via DPD on a 2 day service:
- Isle of Man
(HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3)
(AB36-38, AB55-56, FK17-21, IV1-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH19-26, PH30-41, PH49-50)
- Jersey & Guernsey
NB - THESE ZONES CANNOT CHECK OUT IF THERE IS A FROZEN ITEM IN THE BASKET (Due to customs delays and regulations - Jersey & Guernsey also cannot check out with Chilled items in the basket).
ALSO - Any orders containing chilled items from these zones placed after 2pm Wednesday, will not ship until the following Monday. If we shipped these orders on a Thursday or Friday, the delivery day would be scheduled to be the Saturday or Sunday, and as DPD don't deliver to these zones at the weekend, DPD would destroy the parcel as per their T's and C's.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ. - Any items from the Chilled, Frozen or Fresh sections will automatically be carried by DPD via a Next Day service (2 day service if Highlands and Islands). DPD have to get the parcel to you within the 1 or 2 day service agreement, or they DESTROY the parcel. This means when you receive your text or email confirmation about your delivery window, you must make sure you are there to receive the item, or select a 'safe place'. If you are not in, DPD may leave the parcel in as suitable a place, if they deem it 'safe'.
Terms and Conditions for Chilled Food:
Generally, orders placed online are covered by 'distance selling regulations'. This means you will have the right to return shipments you are not happy with. Our Chilled shipments are exempt from these regulations, which is explained below:
In our Terms and Conditions you must accept the following reasonable points:
- You have invited us to send chilled goods to you at your request, in the knowledge of the possibility that the goods may be delayed in transit and/or may travel in conditions where they are not chilled as recommended by the manufacturer.
- You accept that the products are safe for periods of time even when not chilled below 8 degrees.
- You accept that we endeavor to send parcels with chilled items as fast as possible, but that you have a responsibility to provide an accurate address for delivery and to be available, or to arrange to have someone available to take the parcel in for you and place chilled items in a refrigerator. You indemnify us against any liability for the products in cases where they cannot be delivered by errors or omissions in the delivery information you provide to us or if a driver is unable to leave the parcel at the address you have provided regardless of 'no signature required' stickers or messages to leave without signatures'.
- You agree that you have a responsibility to inspect your products for signs that they may be unfit for consumption and report any concerns within 24hrs.
- You accept that for shipping of chilled goods, our couriers will NOT return parcels to depot or attempt redelivery. They are authorised to leave chilled packages even if no one is there to accept delivery. They will leave this in as 'safe' a place as possible, but if you live in flats or any house that does not have a secluded place for the parcel to be left, you accept that it will be left at your front door in plain view of passers by. We accept no responsibility for parcels which go missing due to this. Our couriers will take a photo of any parcels left in a 'safe place'. We highly recommend that you ensure someone will be there to accept delivery, or use one of the in flight DPD options that become available when your parcel is in transit, i.e. deliver to a neighbour.